Extra Collection Services
Single-family home residents can participate in curbside collection programs at no additional cost:
- Bi-annual pre-scheduled Reuse and Cleanup Days Program
- Recycling and/or organics on-call cleanup up to four times per year
- Landfill on-call cleanup once per year
On-Call Recyclables and Organics Collection at the Curb
Planning to trim back your trees, or clean out all the outdated paperwork in your home office? If you don't have space in your recycling or organics carts, you can schedule an on-call service at no additional cost. Please call Republic Services at (925) 685-4711 at least two weeks before to schedule a date, and discuss setout guidelines.
- Recyclables must be empty, clean and dry.
- The total amount of material accepted is two cubic yards (the equivalent of fourteen 32-gallon bags).
- Cardboard should be broken down and put in bundles no larger than 18" x 18".
- Paper and other recyclables should be put into brown paper bags, boxes or bundles using rope or twine.
- No black, burlap or plastic bags
- Branches should be no longer than 4' and 6" in diameter, and bundled no larger than 2' wide and 4' long.
- Loose yard clippings such as leaves and grass should be placed in paper bags or BPI-Certified Compostable bags.
- No more than 32-gallons per bag. No more than 25 lbs per bag.
- No garbage, ashes, dirt, rock, glass or metal
On-Call Landfill Collection at the Curb
All single-family households can schedule one additional on-call cleanup of landfill materials at no additional charge. To schedule a curbside collection, please call Republic Services at (925) 685-4711 at least two weeks prior, and discuss setout guidelines.
- Residents can dispose of up to 14, 32-gallon bags or the equivalent in items.
- No single item or bag can weigh over 50 lbs. each, or be longer than 4 feet.
- No hazardous materials, tires, large furniture or refrigerators will be taken.
- No organic material, including yard trimmings, food scraps, paper, grass, leaves and wood.
- On-call cleanups must be canceled 24 hours in advance of scheduled date.
- All items must be at the curb or nearest main street (even if your weekly carts are serviced "on property").