The Central Contra Costa Solid Waste Authority dba RecycleSmart is dedicated to developing and delivering high quality, cost effective solid waste reduction, recycling, and refuse programs that provide and promote sustainability in our communities.
What We Do
RecycleSmart provides solid waste services for Central Contra Costa County residents and businesses. RecycleSmart has contracted with Republic Services for the collection, transfer and disposal of residential and commercial garbage, recycling and organics and Mt. Diablo Recycling for the processing of residential and commercial recyclable materials.
- Ken Etherington, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janna McKay, Executive Assistant/Board Secretary, email@example.com
- Jennifer Faught, Contract Compliance Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judith Silver, Senior Program Manager, email@example.com
- Ashley Louisiana, Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wendy Nelson, Finance Manager/Controller, email@example.com
Our Member Agencies include:
- Town of Danville
- City of Lafayette
- Town of Moraga
- City of Orinda
- City of Walnut Creek
- Unicorporated Contra Costa County (including Alamo, Blackhawk, Diablo, and unincorporated areas near Danville, Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda and Walnut Creek)
Board of Directors
RecycleSmart is governed by a Board of Directors that includes two representatives from each Member Agency. Board meetings are generally held the fourth Thursday of the month at 3:00 p.m. at Walnut Creek City Hall, 3rd Floor Conference Room, 1666 N. Main Street, Walnut Creek, except as noted on the schedule. The Board does not meet in August or November.
1850 Mt. Diablo Blvd., Ste. 320
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 906-1805 fax