Recycling at Large Events
California State Law (AB 2176) requires convenient recycling at large venues—and we can help. If your event will attract 2,000 or more attendees a day, or if you are charging admission, you must provide recycling containers. Here’s how to plan for it.
- Call RecycleSmart at (925) 906-1801 x109 for event waste management planning.
- Call Republic Services at (925) 685-4711 for planning, donation services (must be in writing and submitted 30 days prior to event), dumpsters, carts, collection services and ClearStream waste stations.
Call Heather Farm Park (Walnut Creek) at (925) 943-5800 for ClearStream recycling containers and bags.
Event attendees, here’s what you can do
- Bring a reusable bag. A lot of the fun at an event is walking around to all the booths to look at and purchase unique and handcrafted items.
- Bring a reusable water bottle.
- Look for waste stations to recycle.
- Find the information booth to make comments about the recycling efforts at the event.
- Don’t purchase food or drink provided in a polystyrene foam container or cup.