C&D Facility Certification
RecycleSmart offers two different C&D Facility Certification procedures for facilities that accept loads of mixed C&D Debris:
- Simplified facility certification procedure for facilities that have used a professional or municipal facility certification procedure by a third-party verifier (within the past 12 months). There is no fee for the simplified certification.
- Municipal Recovery Certification (MRC) procedure (third-party verification procedure).
If your facility wishes to accept loads of mixed C&D Debris from projects within the RecycleSmart service area and be listed as a RecycleSmart approved facility in Green Halo, apply for facility certification. Facilities that accept source separated C&D materials and materials for reuse / repair do not need to apply.
Mixed C&D processing facilities listed on the RecycleSmart Certified Mixed C&D Processing Facility list and the RecycleSmart Green Halo website, must obtain certification through one of the certification procedures outlined below:
Certification Procedure Option One: Simplified Facility Certification
The simplified facility certification procedure is for facilities that accept loads of mixed C&D Debris and have used a professional or municipal facility certification procedure by a third-party verifier (within the past 12 months) to evaluate facility operations. Please complete this simplifed application and email your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about this application procedure please email or call RecycleSmart at (925) 906-1801.
Facility Certification Option Two: Municipal Recovery Certification (MRC)
RecycleSmart developed a third-party C&D processing facility assessment and certification procedure called Municipal Recovery Certification (MRC). MRC can be used to evaluate mixed C&D facilities for their ability to meet AB 939, CALGreen, and local C&D Ordinance diversion requirements.
The purpose of the Municipal Recovery Certification assessment is to:
- Develop a comprehensive third-party assessment procedure that observes and reviews facility operations and record keeping.
- Develop a tiered procedure and fee structure which recognizes that mixed material processing facilities are not all the same in terms of size, operation, and funding.
- Provide technical and regulatory assistance for facilities that participate.
To obtain facility certification through the Municipal Recovery Certification (MRC) assessment process contact RecycleSmart at (925) 906-1801 or email email@example.com.