C&D Facility Municipal Recovery Certification
RecycleSmart, Zero Waste Sonoma and Solano County have partnered to develop a third-party C&D processing facility assessment and certification procedure called Municipal Recovery Certification (MRC). MRC will be used to evaluate facilities for their ability to meet AB 939, CALGreen, and local C&D Ordinance diversion requirements.
The purpose of the Municipal Recovery Certification assessment is to:
- Provide a regional facility certification process, creating efficiencies for use by multiple jurisdictions.
- Develop a comprehensive third-party assessment procedure that observes and reviews facility operations and record keeping.
- Develop a tiered procedure and fee structure which recognizes that processing facilities are not all the same in terms of size, operation, and funding.
- Provide technical and regulatory assistance for facilities that participate.
On or before January 31, 2021, facilities listed on the RecycleSmart Approved C&D Processing Facility list must obtain certification through Municipal Recovery Certification or another RecycleSmart-approved third party assessment process, as required by RecycleSmart Ordinance No.19-1.
To obtain facility certification through the Municipal Recovery Certification (MRC) assessment process, download and complete the initial MRC application documents.
- Submit initial MRC application documents to Tseng and Associates.
- Provide payment to Tseng and Associates.
- Obtain and submit follow-up facility operations documentation.
- Schedule and complete facility site assessment.
To submit your complete initial application documents, or for questions:
E. Tseng and Associates, Inc.
30023 Rainbow Crest Drive
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Phone: (818) 889-8628