Apts/Condos: Recycling (Blue) Cart or Bin
Blue bins and carts are mixed recycling for glass, metal, plastic, paper and cardboard. If your bins/carts are overflowing, you can contact Republic Services at (925) 685-4711 to request more collection services throughout the week at no additional charge.
For Your Information
- PLEASE KEEP YOUR RECYCLABLES EMPTY, CLEAN AND DRY!
- Recyclables should be loose, or in a clear bag only.
- All Expanded Polystyrene Foam (aka Styrofoam) goes in the black landfill cart.
- Residents should never overflow bins or enclosure areas. Please take extra cardboard to the Concord Recycling Center 1320 Galaxy Way in Concord.
- Please scroll down for more information about contaminants (materials not accepted) in recycling.
Materials Accepted in Your Blue Recycling Cart / Bin:
- Empty, clean and dry glass bottles, containers and jars, of all colors, with associated lids and caps remaining on the item (all types of lids).
- CRV beverage containers
- All other glass, mirror, ceramics, etc. should go in the black landfill cart.
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil (clean)
- Aluminum pie plates
- Cookie sheets
- CRV beverage cans
- Food cans (clean)
- Pet food cans (clean)
- Unusable, clean pots and pans
- Tin cans
- Books (paperback)
- Boxes, packages (tape ok)
- Carbonless paper
- Cardboard (flatten; must fit in cart / bin with lid closed)
- Colored and construction paper
- Computer paper
- Copy paper
- Detergent boxes
- Paper egg cartons (no polystyrene foam; if the eggs have broken put soiled paper cartons in green organics cart)
- Envelopes with metal clasps (okay to leave the metal in)
- Envelopes with plastic windows
- Gift wrap (non-metallic or glittery)
- Glossy paper
- Newspapers and inserts
- Paper bags
- Paperboard boxes (cereal & shoe boxes)
- Shredded paper (in a paper bag or clear plastic bag only to reduce litter)
- Paper towel and toilet paper tubes
- Pet food bags
- Telephone books
- Tissue paper (gift type)
- Empty, clean and dry plastic containers with recycling #1-7
- Baby wipe containers
- Bleach bottles
- Buckets without handles
- Solid plastic storage and stacking boxes with lids
- CRV beverage containers
- Detergent bottles
- Clean food containers (no polystyrene foam)
- Household cleaning containers (empty)
- Lids and caps remaining on their associated container (please landfill pump/spray lids)
- Plastic milk jugs (please landfill plastic lined paper milk cartons)
- Plastic bags (put all dry and clean plastic bags in one "pillow" to reduce litter - no loose bags!)
- Prescription bottles (empty; remove personal information)
- Salad dressing bottles (empty, clean and dry)
- Shampoo and conditioning bottles
- Water bottles
- Plastic laundry basket
- Small solid plastic toys (no metal, rubber, etc.) - must put in landfill if not solid plastic
**Place the Following Contaminants in Your Gray or Black Landfill Cart / Bin
All of the materials listed below should go in your black landfill cart. Never place these materials in your blue or green carts.
- Dirty containers
- All polystyrene foam (aka Styrofoam)
- Receipt paper
- Dishes and glasses
- All diapers (even the 'compostable' ones must go in landfill)
- Face masks and latex gloves
- Pet waste (even in compostable bags - must go in landfill)
- ALL compostable and biodegradable plastics (only BPI-Certified compostable bags allowed in green organics cart to contain food scraps)
- Plastic coated / shiny paper cartons - hardly anything is coated with wax these days!
- Plastic coated food-related paper items including, shiny to-go food boxes, to-go drink cups, to-go paper coffee cups, coated paper plates, etc.
- Shelft stable cartons (common brand Tetra Pak) including soup boxes, juice boxes, some alternative milk products, etc.
- All hangers
- Empty metal paint cans
- Mirror, window glass, auto glass
- Feminine hygiene products
- Wet wipes, antibacterial wipes, baby wipes
- Unusable textiles, bedding, clothing and shoes
- Small plastic bits including, bread bag ties, rubber bands, small clips, parts and pieces, etc.
- Padded envelopes, bubble wrap, air pockets and packaging film
- Scrap metal and car parts
- 6-ring plastic bands (cut first)
- Used pens, pencils, scissors, erasers (reuse or donate if possible)