RecycleSmart, the Town of Moraga, Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery, and Republic Services are partnering to pilot the first reuse and cleanup services for multifamily residents on Ascot Drive and Ascot Court, May 16–18, 2023.
All tenants residing on Ascot may use these services. It is important to consider the viability of these services to be provided in the future.
- Please only drop off materials May 16-18, 2023. Items left after this timeframe will not be picked up, and will be considered illegal dumping.
- These services are intended for residents on Ascot Drive and Ascot Court only.
- Place your materials within the coned off area to preserve the roadway and prevent hazards.
Off-campus Saint Mary’s College students residing on Ascot can take advantage of cleanup services before move-out!
Two convenient drop-off sites will be located, 1) at the top of Ascot Drive and, 2) at the end of Ascot Court.
Each site will have a coned-off area for gently-used household items for reuse, and a dumpster for garbage.
How to Participate
Reuse items placed into the coned-off area for reuse will be given to charities and those in need throughout Contra Costa County, and may include items such as furniture, working appliances, electronics, school supplies and clothing.
Items placed into the dumpster will be landfilled.
Please consider the following guidelines when using the landfill dumpster:
- Junk material and garbage does not need to be bagged.
- Broken and unusable furniture should go in the dumpster, not reuse.
- Mattresses and box springs may be placed in the dumpster. Residents can also drop off mattresses for free recycling on Sundays, 8-3pm at 1-800-Got-Junk? in Concord (1038 Shary Circle, Unit 7). This service is provided by the Mattress Recycling Council, a California Product Stewardship program.
- It is illegal in California to improperly dispose of electronics and batteries. Batteries, TV’s and smaller electronic items should be placed in the Reuse zone or into the e-waste collection box. These materials should never be placed in a landfill or recycling bin.
- Organic material, including food scraps, yard trimmings, leaves, grass and wood is not accepted in the landfill dumpster. The State of California prohibits organics to landfill. Please use the green organics cart on your property or consult your property owner/manager.