Reservations Required: Please click to blue workshop date above to register online or call (925) 906-1801 to register by phone. If you leave a voice message, please provide your email and phone number.
- Moraga Library, 1500 St. Mary's Road, Moraga
- Heather Farm Community Center, 301 North San Carlos Dr, Walnut Creek
- Orchard Nursery, 4010 Mt Diablo Blvd, Lafayette
- Mt. Diablo Nursery, 3295 Mt. Diablo Blvd., Lafayette
- Lafayette Community Garden, 3932 Mt. Diablo Rd., Lafayette
- The Bounty Garden (Hap Magee Ranch Park), 1025 La Gonda Way, Danville
- Moraga Gardens Farm, 1290 Moraga Way, Moraga
- Sloat Garden Center, 800 Camino Ramon, Danville
- McDonnell Nursery, 196 Moraga Way, Orinda
- Alcosta Senior & Community Center, 9300 Alcosta Blvd., San Ramon
- Forest Home Farms, 19953 San Ramon Valley Blvd., San Ramon
Home Composting for Busy People: Lecture-style workshop. Covers the basics of backyard composting (hot/cold composting), Vermicomposting, mulching and grasscycling, with time for Q&A and troubleshooting.
$$ Vermicompost & Bin Building: Learn to compost with worms! This is a very hands-on workshop. You will assemble your bin, take it home with your worms and knowledge, and start composting right away! All supplies and worms included. Registration fee applies.
Additional Services: RecycleSmart composting instructors can table at events and Farmers Markets, come into your neighborhood (5+ homes), schools, community groups, presentations and demonstrations, upon request, at no cost. Call RecycleSmart for more information or to schedule at 925-906-1801.
CompostSMART Advanced Composting Series: If you enjoy composting and you’re interested in public education and outreach, apply to participate in the CompostSMART Advanced Composting Training Series. Receive in-depth composting education with an experienced and knowledgeable team, and then share your training with the wider community. CompostSMART returning fall 2023.