Composting: Compost Bins
The compost bin sales program is currently on hold. Purchases can't be processed at this time.
Residents, schools and businesses within the RecycleSmart service area can purchase a compost bin.
Two bin limit per household.
Unincorporated Central Contra Costa County: Alamo, Blackhawk, Diablo
Soilsaver Backyard Compost Bin, REDUCED PRICE OF $35.00 (Includes shipping and tax)
Retail: Normally $90-$120 not including tax/shipping.
- Made of 0.25-inch-thick black recycled plastic
- Durable design holds heat inside
- Wide top for easy mixing
- Latching handles and self-watering holes on lid
- 2 sliding bottom access doors
- 86 gallons = 11.5 cubic feet
- 25-year limited manufacturer's warranty
- Easy, tool-free assembly
- Dimensions: 28L x 28W x 30H inches
Once we receive your order, we will ship the Soilsaver direct to your front door!
- PLEASE NOTE: Delivery time is currently delayed. Please expect 4-6 weeks.
- RETURN POLICY: Full return within 30 days of purchase date for unopened and unused product.
Soilsaver Base: A base (bottom) is optional. Most compost bins are open at the bottom for better air circulation, and to allow good bacteria, worms and bugs to come into your bin, speeding up the composting process. A base could help with any major rodent issues at your location. Make sure you always burry any food scraps under outdoor green waste to avoid these issues.
Can-O-Worms Compost Bin, $103.00 (includes shipping and tax)
- Two working trays hold up to 17,000 worms
- 20" x 22.5" x 25.5" (fully assembled)
- 15 lbs.
- Material: 100% recycled material (black color)
- Self-harvesting, worms do all of the work!
- Made for individuals of all ages and abilities
- Perfect for homes, condos, apartments, and schools
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use
Compost Tumbler, $169.00 (Includes shipping and tax)
- Capacity: 58 gallons
- Dimensions: 45" x 33.5" x 33" (assembled)
- Material: 100% recycled (green color)
- Features: Stainless steel central breaker bar mixes and aerates to break down material faster
- Two screw-on lids with ventilation slots to keep compost well aerated
- Can be placed on hard surface such as concrete
- A daily spin will produce compost in as little as 21 days